Christmas commercials are going to the dogs, cats, guinea pigs …
Retailers understand the love that Americans have for their pets and are taking steps to make sure that four-legged family members will find special gifts for themselves under the tree on Christmas day.
Fifty-six percent of Americans plan to buy their pets gifts for the holiday season, according to the American Pet Products Association, up from 51 percent last year and 47 percent in 2019.
Spots from Chewy, L.L.Bean, Petco and Petsmart all seek to connect with pet parents through their love for their fur babies. Which one is most effective? Submit your vote in the poll and help us decide.
(Editor’s note: If you would like to nominate entries for this year’s challenge — either domestic or international — please email the name of the retailer and a link to the spot to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Did You Buy Your Dog a Christmas Present? Join the Club – Bloomberg
- Celebrate the Holiday Moments | Chewy – YouTube
- A Man & His Dog | L.L.Bean – YouTube
- Making Holiday Memories Together | It’s What We’d Want If We Were Pets | Petco – YouTube
- PetSmart – Anything for Your Pet’s Holiday – YouTube
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: What is your critique of the Christmas spots from Chewy, L.L.Bean, Petco and Petsmart? Which spot does the best job of connecting with the retailer’s core customers while reaching out to new ones?